iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 Release Candidate (formerly known as GM build) are now available for beta testers. It looks like a stable community building will be released next week. And if you’re a beta developer or public beta user, learn all about iOS 14.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC here.
The latest iOS 14.4 Beta 2 update was released two weeks ago with several bug fixes. However, some bugs were not fixed in the second beta. And if you also noticed bugs in iOS 14.4 Beta 2, you can expect fixes in iOS 14.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC.
In addition to iOS 14.4 RC, Apple also released watchOS 7.3 Candidate Release, tvOS 14.4 Candidate Release and iPadOS 14.4 Candidate Release. Both iOS 14.4 RC, Xcode 12.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC come with the 18D52 version. A public version with the same build for supported iPhones and iPads will be released next week. It’s a big update that weighs about 4 GB.
iOS 14.4 Release Candidate – What’s the new?
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by the camera.
- Ability to classify Bluetooth device type in settings
- Input may be delayed and prompts may not appear on the keyboard.
- The keyboard in the messages may not be displayed in the desired language.
The latest iOS 14.4 RC update also offers a firmware update for the modem. So, if you had connectivity issues in earlier versions, they may be fixed in this update.
The green tint is one of the most pressing issues for iPhone 12 users. And based on feedback from some users, it looks like the problem has been fixed for some of them. However, some users still have the problem of green tint. Let me know when you get it fixed.
Download iOS 14.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC
The iOS 14.4 Release Candidate and iPadOS 14.4 Release Candidate are both available to beta developers and public beta users. The update is available over the air, and you may have already received it. If not, you can manually check for an update under Settings > Software Update. Then click on Download and Install.
However, if you are using a stable public version, you will not receive the update. To receive beta updates, you must first install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to try out the candidate version and other upcoming beta updates, you can follow these steps to install the beta profile.
Install iOS 14.4 beta profile and iPadOS 14.4 beta profile
- Go to the Apple Beta program page.
- Then scroll down a bit and click Connect if you have an Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the appropriate operating system for your devices, for example B. iOS 14 or iPadOS 14.
- Scroll down until it starts and press the Enroll your iOS device button.
- You should now install the profile from the next page. To do so, click on Download Profile.
- Restart the device after installing the profile. And you’re ready to install iOS 14.4 Release Candidate on your iPhone.
After installing the beta profile, go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest updates on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 14.4 Release Candidate with the full IPSW file from the Finder or iTunes.
ios 14.4 release date, ios 14.4 beta, ios 14.4 release date for public, ios 14.4 features, ios 15, iphone 13, ios 14.4 beta profile, apple ios update