Microsoft is launching a new version of its Edge browser that offers an improved auto-typing feature. Additionally, Edge Dev is now available on Hololens 2 devices.
According to the official announcement, HoloLens 2 Insiders can now install Edge Dev. More information can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-insider
The amendment protocol also states the following.
What’s new in Frontier 89.0.767.0?
- Added the ability to save and automatically fill in birthdays.
- An autocomplete function has been added to enter data, such as. For example, reading the addresses copied to the clipboard and presenting them as potential candidates for self-processing when filling in the appropriate fields on a web page.
- Additional press release in … Menus of websites installed as applications.
- Finished vertical boards.
- Addition of an administrative policy that controls whether or not recommendations are made. Note that documentation or administrative template updates may not have been made yet.
- Added a management policy to control the receipt of cloud computing policies. Note that updates to documentation or administrative templates may not be available.
- Fixed a bug where opening the InPrivate window sometimes caused the browser to crash.
- Fixed a bug when using Web Capture.
- Fixed a bug in the tooltip display.
- Fixed an error when loading something.
- Fixed a bug where links sometimes didn’t work in Immersive Reader.
- Fixed an issue where sorting collections sometimes failed.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused collectibles to be pasted twice when copying and pasting.
- Fixed an issue where the policy for managing the removal of downloads at the kiosk exit was not working.
- Fixed an issue where the control policy for redirecting sites from Internet Explorer redirection mode sometimes did not work.
- Fixed an issue where websites installed as applications could not use the web capture feature.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Guided Switch to open the wrong page after redirecting a link from a personal profile to a work/school profile.
- Fixed an issue on a Mac where the multimedia touchpad sometimes appears on non-media pages.
- Interface offset correction on the Mac.
- Added the name of the internal channel in the Mac menu bar.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, does not work on Linux. Once installed, they crash and burn out. We’ll check it out.
- Users of some ad blocker extensions may experience reading errors on Youtube. As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to continue. See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/known-issue-adblock-causing-errors-on-youtube/m-p/14… for more information.
- Some users still have the problem that all tabs and extensions are immediately blocked with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error. The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors such as Symantec, and in these cases, updating this software corrects the error.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have the correct extension installed sometimes see websites such as Gmail not loading. This problem is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated, so installing the latest version will fix it.
- Some users see their favorites duplicated after we made some corrections in this area. This is usually triggered by setting up a stable Edge channel and then logging into an account previously registered with Edge. This problem should now be solved with the introduction of automatic de-duplication in the Insider channels. However, we have also seen cases of duplication when the manual deduplicator runs on multiple machines before one machine has the ability to fully synchronize the changes. So, until the automatic deduplication is stable, make sure there is enough time between passing the deduplicator.
- Some users notice a tremor when scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, because scrolling in one dimension also causes a subtle tilt in the other dimension. Note that this only affects some websites and seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our ongoing work to equate scrolling with spiking. So if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily disable it by disabling the experimental scroll flag border://flags/#edge.
For preview versions, Microsoft currently uses three channels to deliver updates to Edge Insiders. The Channel receives daily updates (except Saturday and Sunday), the Device Channel receives weekly updates, and the Beta Channel is updated every 6 weeks. Microsoft will support Edge Chromium on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, as well as MacOS, Linux and mobile applications on iOS and Android. Windows 7 users will receive updates for up to 15 years. July 2021.
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
According to Sergei Tkachenko, the last update was on the 20th. January 2021 for Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.