Published on 31. January 2021 File under : Like, iOS.
We all know that the new iOS 14 brings with it some very interesting features, whether it’s a brand new home screen design or a new application gallery or the picture-in-picture mode and much more! However, some users are also experiencing issues with the brand new iOS, such as screen brightness control, Instagram notifications not working on the iPhone, application issues, draining batteries and more! In this article, you will learn how to fix iPhone notifications that do not work after upgrading to iOS 14.
- iPhone notifications do not work
- Turn off your Bluetooth
- Activate screen lock
- Turn off the display settings in CarPlay.
- Change the style of the banner
- Deactivate setting Hide alarms
- Disable unknown sender filtering
- The message may go to another device!
- Restart your iPhone
- Reset your iMessage
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Use another iOS device or switch to Apple support
- frequently asked questions
iPhone notifications do not work
Some simple tips for notifications that don’t work on iPhones or iOS devices.
- Make sure your iOS device has an internet connection, i.e. a Wi-Fi or mobile connection is required for any notification.
- Before proceeding to an advanced solution, check for clues to the problem i.e. check if the mute button on the side of your iPhone and iPad is not turned on.
- Make sure DND (Do Not Disturb) mode is turned off, as if it was on. Then calls and changes received when the screen is locked are muted and the moon icon appears on the status bar. To turn off the DND mode, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and press Manual if enabled.
Instagram notifications are not working on the iphone.
- Check the notification settings in the Instagram application. If they are all activated, you can also check this under Profile>Settings>Notifications.
- We also recommend you to update the Instagram app and install the latest iOS update on your device.
- Check and make sure your iPhone is not in silent mode.
- Make sure you have an internet or mobile connection.
- Log out of your Instagram account and log back in.
- Reinstall the Instagram app and give iOS permission to alert you.
If the notification does not work even after following the above steps correctly, the following solutions may help you solve the problem.
Make sure notifications are enabled
- On your iPhone, open Settings and then Notifications,
- Tap Show Preview and make sure the Always/All option is enabled, or make sure Allow Notifications is checked.
If you have problems with a particular application, for example. B. If Facebook notifications are not working on your iPhone, open Settings -> Notifications. From the Notification Style submenu, find and touch the application for which you want to receive notifications.
Turn off your Bluetooth
Many users have found that turning off Bluetooth solves the screen lock problem. In other words: If Bluetooth is enabled, they will not receive notifications on the iPhone when it is locked. But once they have disabled Bluetooth, the notifications appear on the lock screen as expected.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off.
If disabling Bluetooth didn’t work for you, don’t worry, we have many other solutions for you.
Activate screen lock
If you keep missing notifications on the locked screen, make sure the Display on locked screen setting is enabled, otherwise turn it on. You will find it under Settings > Notifications > Messages.
Turn off the display settings in CarPlay.
Many iOS users feel that the problem is due to the display activation in the CarPlay setting. If it is enabled, disable it for this purpose, go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and disable Show in CarPlay. Once users turned off this setting, their notifications returned to normal.
According to our sources, the problem seems normal after changing the style of the banner. To do this, you need to go to Settings > Notifications > Messages, then change the banner style to Permanent and add two repeat notifications as an additional reminder. Then the problem of text-based notification is solved.
Deactivate setting Hide alarms
If you do not receive messages from certain contacts, go to the Messages application and make sure the Hide notifications setting is turned off for that contact.
- In short, go to your conference,
- Click on the image, name or number at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Information button.
- Check if the mask alarm has been activated, if so, deactivate it.
Disable unknown sender filtering
- Go to Settings. Scroll down to find the posts and select them.
- In the Message Filtering section, set the Unknown Sender Filter switch to Off. It might solve the problem
The message may go to another device!
If you are also using another device, such as an Apple Watch or Mac, your notifications can be sent to the other device. So turn off notifications on your Mac or Apple Watch. I’m sure that will help you.
Restart your iPhone
For the iPhone home button
- Press and hold the Side key or Sleep/Wake up key on the top of the phone (depending on model).
- Drag the slider.
For iPhone without home button
- Press and hold the two side buttons and the two volume buttons until a cursor appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider.
Reset your iMessage
Many users have found that restarting iMessage has solved the problem of not working notifications on the iPhone.
- Go to Settings and select Messaging.
- The first option should be iMessage. Press the switch to the right of iMessage to turn iMessage off.
- Restart the device.
- Check if the problem persists when iMessage is turned off. If it works for you, this may be a useful solution.
- Since most users want iMessage to be enabled, you can try to turn iMessage back on by going to Settings > Messages and setting the iMessage switch to On.
If the problem persists, you should turn to advanced troubleshooting solutions, which means restoring your iOS device to recovery mode!
The recovery mode will help you fix minor and major issues, so it can easily fix iPhone notifications not working after iOS 14 update issues.
- First, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer (PC).
- Then launch iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- When the pop-up window indicates that you need to restore or update your iPhone, simply follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- You can also force a reboot of the device to put it in recovery mode, after which a pop-up window will appear.
- Once connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake up button and the Home button to force a restart.
Press and hold until you see the iPhone Recovery Mode screen. Do not release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. It will probably take about 10 seconds before the iPhone recovery mode screen appears.
-You will see an option to restore or update, select update. iTunes will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
-If you are stuck in recovery mode for more than 15 minutes and your device exits iPhone recovery mode, there may be a problem. Restore the process, but this time select Restore. You will then be in iPhone recovery mode.
Reset your device. If you had a backup in iTunes or iCloud, you can restore old data from the backup.
After the recovery, the iPhone will start up automatically and independently.
Use another iOS device or switch to Apple support
If all steps to resolve the issue have failed, you can also use another iOS device (i.e. Apple Watch, iPad, Mac, etc.) for text notifications. This certainly doesn’t seem like a practical long-term solution, but it will help you see your daily notifications. And you can also contact Apple Support for more advice on how to resolve the issue.
Also read :
frequently asked questions
Why don’t I get a message from my iPhone when I receive a message from iOS 14?
This is due to a nasty bug in iOS 14.2 that causes alerts in messages to not work as expected. Some texts are announced as usual with sound and a screen lock or banner notification, while others are spoken in silence. If notifications do not work, the red message icon is also absent.
FIX message notifications in iOS 14.3 ?
One of the bugs in iOS 14 that users have been suffering from since its release is the problem with notifications. … It was suspected that iOS 14.3 contained a fix, as it reported the correction of a bug where some MMS messages could not be received, but did not specifically mention issues with notifications. Well, it’s not made.
Why don’t my notifications appear on my iPhone?
One of the most common reasons that notifications don’t work on the iPhone is that the Do Not Disturb feature is turned on. … To turn off the Do Not Disturb application, open the Settings application on your iPhone and tap Do Not Disturb. Then press the switch next to Do Not Disturb to turn it off.
why is my phone not notifying me when i get text messages ios 14, iphone notifications not working ios 14, ios 14.2 messages notifications not working, iphone not getting text notifications ios 14, ios 14.2 text notifications not working, ios 14 push notifications not working, iphone message notification not working ios 14, why is my iphone not notifying me when i receive a text ios 14