You already know that Microsoft’s Windows Mobile is long gone, but the software giant didn’t let its ego take over when it came to offering simple software to its customers or users of Android or iOS devices. The company offered its software services for both smartphone platforms. You are probably more familiar with the Office applications on your Android or iOS device, but there is one important application you may not have used yet: your phone.
Microsoft’s Your Phone application has been available on Android and iOS devices for some time. Originally, the main purpose of this application was to allow you to make phone calls directly from your Windows 10 PC. It would simply allow you to see on your Windows 10 PC the notifications you receive on your phone. You can even view and sync photos, make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, all from your Windows 10 PC. You must connect both devices to the Internet and also directly via Bluetooth to make calls.
Thanks to a recent update, the Your Phone application on Windows 10 PC Build May 2020 or later now allows you to run multiple applications from an Android smartphone. Sorry about this. Dress… Not all Android phones, just the Samsung Galaxy series. This feature is the result of a partnership between Samsung and Microsoft, announced last year at the unveiling of the Galaxy Note 20. Microsoft’s Surface Duo software also supports this feature.
Check out the promotion published by Microsoft, which itself is very attractive, to get a better idea of how it will work.
A Windows 10 PC running the phone application connects wirelessly to supported devices. In the “Your Phone” application on your Windows 10 PC, you will get a control panel of your connected phone’s application. Select one of the applications to run it directly on your desktop or laptop computer.
You can also drag and drop files from your phone to your computer or vice versa. You can even use the clipboard to copy and paste text between the two devices.
Android smartphones are currently supported
Microsoft has listed a number of Samsung Galaxy devices that allow you to run multiple Android applications from your phone on a Windows 10 PC. Note that the “Your Phone” application works on older versions and many other devices, but the following Android devices require Android 11 to run Android applications.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
Another important list includes eligible mid-range Galaxy smartphones that are not yet compatible with this feature.
To run multiple Android applications on a Windows 10 PC :
If you have a smartphone from the above list that works with the Android 11 operating system, you’re good to go.
- Install the Microsoft Store application for phones on your Windows 10 PC.
- Launch the Your Phone application on your Windows 10 computer. Follow the instructions to connect your Android phone. To do this, sign in with your Microsoft account and install the Your Phone companion application on your Samsung Android phone.
- Download and install the Phone Companion application on your phone. If you already have it, make sure you update it to the latest version. You can also follow this link (www.aka.ms/yourpc) from your Samsung phone to install the Phone Companion application.
- Switch to the Your Phone application on your Windows computer. Press Open QR Code and wait for the QR code to appear.
- On your Samsung phone, go to Settings > Advanced > Windows Connectivity.
- Enable the Windows Link service and click Add Computer. The camera view should then scan the QR code on your computer.
- When prompted, sign in with the Microsoft account you used in the phone application on your Windows PC.
Your Samsung smartphone should now be connected and visible in the “Your Phone” application on your PC. In the “Your Phone” application on your Windows PC, you should see a list of tabs in the left panel. Below that should be a tab called “Apps”. This is the section you are here for. All the applications installed on your smartphone should be listed in this area, and you should be able to use them directly from the “Your Phone” application on your PC.
Learn how to use or work with these Android applications on a Windows 10 PC.
Because Microsoft shares directly, you can use a mouse, trackpad, keyboard, stylus or touch screen on your PC to open applications, type, scroll and interact with them.
- The “one-click” behaves exactly like a touch/tap on the smartphone screen.
- Right-click anywhere on your phone’s application screen to go to the previous page.
- Supporting and sustaining thus behaves in the same way as supporting and sustaining.
- Keep touching to select the content.
- Scroll with the mouse to move vertically or horizontally between pages
Some games and applications that offer a particular touch experience may not work with a mouse, so the keyboard may not work properly. However, you can use your PC’s touch screen.
Note: You can find Windows Service Link (written by Samsung) as APK and Side Download on a non-Samsung smartphone to access this feature. Well ! It doesn’t work.
Frequently asked questions
Can Windows 10 run Android applications?
Microsoft is now allowing Windows 10 users to run Android applications simultaneously with Windows applications on PCs. … You can now open the list of Android applications in Microsoft’s “Your Phone” application and run these mobile applications accordingly. They are launched in a separate window outside the “Your Phone” application and reflect your phone.
How can I work with multiple applications on Windows 10?
Select the “View Task” button or press Alt-Tab on the keyboard to view or switch between applications. To use two or more applications at once, grab the top of the application window and drag it to the side. Then select the other application and it will automatically connect to it.
Which Android phone models are compatible with the Microsoft application for your Windows 10 phone?
Supported devices for the application … – Microsoft Support
bluestacks, how to run android apps on windows 10 pc, your phone companion, your phone app windows 10 download, your phone app download for pc windows 10, how to use your phone app, link to windows, how to use your phone app with iphone